When campaigns are shared on social media, petition content — including the petition's title, image, and why text — is automatically pulled into the share message. However, org admins can override the default behavior and set custom sharing content.
To override the default sharing content, go to the petition's admin settings page (signature page > Admin > Settings tab) and expand the Social Media section. On this page, you'll have a few options:
- The Social share image will be used when the petition is shared on social media. If no image is uploaded here, then we'll use the image shown on the petition's signature page. If the petition doesn't have an associated image, we'll use the organization's Petition default social share image.
- The Facebook share title will be the first line in the Facebook share card. If it is not set, then we'll use the petition's title.
- The Facebook share description is shown between the Facebook share title and the site's URL. If it is not set, then we'll use the petition's why text.
- The Twitter share message is a pre-filled message that your supporters can use when tweeting a link to the petition. This message will always be editable by users and will appear above the Twitter card. If this is not set, then we'll use your global default Twitter share message. When updating this message, you should not include a link to the petition. We'll automatically append the link to all tweets.
- The Twitter share title is the first line in the Twitter share card and will appear below the share image. If it is not set, then we'll use the petition's title.
- The Twitter share description is shown between the Twitter share title and the site's URL. If it is not set, then we'll use the petition's why text.
- The Browser page title for campaign page is the title that shows in the page's tab.
- The Default description will set a "description meta tag" which is used by search engines, social media and other tools, like Slack, unless the social-network-specific tag is set.
- The WhatsApp share message is only available if your organization has enabled WhatsApp sharing and is a pre-filled (but editable) message that is used when a site visitor clicks to share the petition on WhatsApp.
Please sign in to leave a comment.