Looking for something specific? Skip ahead:
The settings in this section deal with leadership. Note: the settings here are not generally used when running a Landing Page.
- What will I need to do?: This link is normally shown when using the Efforts feature, not the Landing Pages feature. However, if a leaderless campaign is included in the Landing Page, then this link will be shown on the results page. The results page will only be shown when someone searches for that target's location from the landing page.
- Lead Campaign Button Label: Like above, this setting is generally used with the Efforts feature, not the Landing Pages feature. However, if a leaderless campaign is included in the Landing Page, then this button will be shown on the results page. The results page will only be shown when someone searches for that target's location from the landing page.
The pieces of content in this section are used when a user creates a new campaign in the Landing Page. When the user clicks the Start A Campaign button on the hub page, they'll be brought to the first page in the recruitment series. More information about the supporter experience of Landing Pages is available here: https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007124328.
Lead campaign Page: This is the first page in the recruitment series.
- Lead Campaign Heading: This is the first line/paragraph on the lead campaign page.
- Lead Campaign Text 1 & 2: These are the second and third lines/paragraphs on the lead campaign page.
- Commit as a Leader Button: This button is at the bottom of the lead campaign page and confirms that the user wants to lead the campaign
Training content: The content on this page is shown to the user immediately before they're brought to the petition page.
- Training Text: This text comprises the majority of the training page. You can use this text to give the leader more information about their responsibilities as a campaign leader, to give them a way to contact you, to give them access to resources and tips, etc.
- Training Sidebar Text: This text is displayed in the side bar of the training page, above information about their decision maker. You can use this text to give shorter, bullet-point-length information about the campaign.
The settings in this section can be used to customize the new campaign page. The text overrides that you enter here will be used during the recruitment series and will also be seen when the user tries to edit the campaign using the campaign creator tools.
A Landing Page's new campaign form closely resembles the regular new campaign form, except that the Landing Page's title is displayed at the top of the page. By default, the Landing Page's description is also displayed here. (Though admins can override the description text and include other information in that block, if they decide.)
When running a Landing Page, you may find it useful to update the form field labels and help text to make them more specific to the campaign you're running. For example, if you want to guide petition creators to include personal stories in the why section, you could update the why field's help text to reflect that.
Other notes on this content:
- Setting the editable by petition creator? toggles to No will lock those fields.
- The New petition form banner is displayed at the top of the recruitment series pages. You may need a few tries to get the correct sizing.
- The New petition share image is used when someone shares the new campaign page on social media.
This section allows you to override some of the emails that are sent to petition creators.
- Petition Launch Kicker Email Subject Line: This email is sent to petition creators when their petition has been left in a draft state for one day. You can override the subject line here, but the body of the email is set in CMS > Content (https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203090738-Updating-Default-Email-Text).
- Subject line of email notification to campaign creator when they are contacted by public: This email is sent when a site visitor clicks the campaign creator information on the petition page. Once they've drafted their message it will be sent to the petition creator using the subject line included here.
- Thanks for Creating Petition email and subject line: This email is sent when a user creates a new campaign.
If you want to delete your custom content and set it back to the default, click the trash icon.
Next we'll look at adding and updating petition content.