- We've changed our algorithm for sorting event search results to de-prioritize virtual events that are not specific to a particular location. This should make it easier for your supporters to find relevant events to attend when there are lots of upcoming virtual events.
- We've fixed a series of issues associated with the images that are configurable for calendar event campaigns. We now allow calendar images for social sharing to be set separately for the default image for events that are created within the calendar.
- The "Get Directions" link for events has been tweaked so that Google Maps can do a better job of understanding the location of the event and to make it easier for supporters to enter their originating location within Google Maps.
- When events are ingested from the EveryAction / VAN CRM, it's now possible to suppress particular events from being ingested by setting an EveryAction tag to suppress within the ControlShift CRM Sync Configuration.
- Event map popups have been tweaked slightly to better format the content.
- A bug was fixed when a filtered list of petitions or events was exported by admins. After the export completed, previously the screen updated to a list view that did not include the selected filters. We now persist the selected filters on the admin listing in this situation, which makes it easier to export a filtered set of results.
- While configuring the EveryAction CRM sync feature there were cases where the ControlShift settings configuration interface could get into an inconsistent state. This has been fixed and we now display the correct options after saving the form.
A security improvement was made to guard against certain obscure off-site redirection attacks.
- When a map search returned only one result, we would previously zoom in too closely to a single point on the map, which made it difficult to know very much about the location. We now limit how closely the automatic zoom feature of the map will go.
- We've increased the number of UTM URL tracking codes that are passed from local maps or event listing to the events themselves to the full set of UTM codes. This should improve tracking behavior for customers using Google Analytics, Google Ads or other analytics tools.
- We now pass the EveryAction sourceid URL parameter from the Local Organizing Map to actual event pages. This allows mailing statistics to be more accurately measured within the EveryAction mailer when used with ControlShift.
- Our developer docs have been updated. The updates fixed several formatting issues, added more context and offers more detailed information on several APIs including event attendee creation and label APIs.
- The EveryAction event ingest feature no longer ingests certain sorts of events that are not publicly available.
- We now more consistently display timezones when displaying event start and end times. Previously, we sometimes omitted the timezone of in-person events for brevity, and we've changed this so timezones are always displayed.
- A subtle display issue was fixed relating to calendar event listings, when there are no matching event search results.
- It's now possible for your supporters to filter lists of events by date range in order to help find the correct event to attend. Previously it was only possible for admins to filter events in this way. It's also possible to specify these date ranges via URL parameter.
Please sign in to leave a comment.