- We've made a series of updates to our mentors feature. The mentors feature allows organizations to assign an admin as the person in charge of making an event, group, or petition a success. This set of changes includes:
- We've made it easier to set mentors from the event/petition/group's admin page.
- We've added email addresses to the list of mentors to make it easier for large organizations to choose the right person.
- We're now allowing admins to filter petition, event, and group lists by who is assigned as a mentor. †
- We've updated the mentors feature to prevent admin teams from being set as mentors.
Updates / Bug Fixes
- We now allow organizations to set a minimum recipient limit for blast email moderation. If the number of recipients is below that limit, the email will not require moderation by admins. If the number of recipients is above the limit, admins will be asked to review and moderate the email. If you'd like to set a limit for your organization, please email support.
- We've fixed a bug impacting custom fields that are conditionally shown based on other fields. When there were validation errors on form submission, the conditionally-shown inputs were not shown as expected, but they are now.
Updates / Bug Fixes
- We've made additional improvements to event lookup pages. For the local organizing map (/local), we've improved performance when thousands of event and group map points are present. On the public-facing all events page (/events) and calendar lookup pages (/calendar/foo), we've removed the initial empty message for loading local events and changed the behavior for event list filtering/pagination to have a translucent overlay to indicate loading. We've also removed the initial loading spinner to improve performance.
- We're now including timezones on the main event lists: the local organizing map (/local), the public-facing all events page (/events), and calendar lookup pages (/calendar/foo). This includes events associated with locations and events ingested from other systems. This change should make it easier for supporters to find events that they're able to attend. On the local organizing map, we've also updated the styles used in the map page's sidebar so that the event's date and time fit better.
- We've fixed formatting of time zone UTC offset display for events in certain time zones.
- We've added time zone information to the admin details page for external events.
- We've improved time zone detection for events ingested from EveryAction/VAN.
- For organizations using the NGPVAN/EveryAction external events sync, we're now scraping the public online form name from the NGPVAN/EveryAction event page. Previously, our external events sync used the EveryAction internal event name, which could be different from the name shown on the RSVP page, because the public form is not included in NGPVAN/EveryAction's API. While that information is still not included in the API, we're now scraping the public name from the event page and using it in event lists.
- Organizations who wish to include Mobilize America events on their ControlShift maps can now select their organization name from a dropdown on the integration page, instead of entering their organization ID. †
- For organizations using Mobilize America, we've fixed a bug where recurring events from were imported as occurring on the first date only. We'll now import the soonest occurring recurrence.
- We've updated the advanced filters section of event lookup pages to use toggles instead of checkboxes.
- We've fixed an issue that was preventing admins from downloading the CSV template for bulk event uploads.
- We're now allowing organizations to hide the host an event button on the local organizing map, which may be useful for organizations who are using the local organizing map as a lookup page for external events from other systems, and who want new events to be created in the external system.
- We've fixed an issue that was causing broken event images for uploaded events.
Nothing new in petitions, groups, or VisitThem.
† This feature required new text strings. If you're using the platform in a language other than English, you may need to provide updated translations.