- We've released a new Slack integration, which will automatically send information about newly created petitions, events, and blast emails to your chosen Slack channels! More information: https://controlshiftlabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001354256. †
- We've updated the UI for platform-wide exports (exports requested from the
/org/memberspage). Now, when an admin requests a large (asynchronous) export, we'll show a message to let them know that we're generating the download for them. Once the export is ready, in addition to receiving the usual email with the link to download the export, the admin can also return to the
/org/memberspage to access the export.
Admins who have access to the
/org/memberspage will also be able to see when an export is being generated for another admin. If the user has the permission required to perform platform-wide exports, they'll also be able to download exports that were recently requested by other admins. †
These changes have a few impacts:
- by showing the status of the export, the user who requested the download will know that the download is being generated and the file is on its way.
- admins can remain on the site to download the file without needing to switch to their email.
- by allowing admins to download recently-requested exports, these admins will not have to wait for an export to regenerate.
- admins can see what data has been recently exported by other members of their team.
Updates / Bug Fixes
- We've added documentation explaining our share_click tracking tools. Share_click tracking allows you to track what happens after a member clicks to share an event or petition on social media or via email. More information: https://developers.controlshiftlabs.com/#bulk-data-data-schemas.
- We allow partners to have an overridden reply-to address (normally the partner organization's main email address) that is used whenever they send a blast email to their partner mailing list. However, when moderating blast emails from partners, we weren't showing that email address in the modal. This is now fixed.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the timely delivery of exports.
- We've made some updates to pagination controls. Previously, if a user edited an admin list page's URL to add a page count larger than the number of results, we'd show a 'no results' message and the pagination controls (with the out-of-bounds page count). Now, we'll just show the 'no results' message.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the display of the cookies notice.
- Our bulk data API now includes all of the
admin_notesin your platform, regardless of which type of object you left notes on.
- We’ve released an update to our Terraform plan for deploying an automated sync to your AWS Redshift data warehouse. The new recipe we provide uses AWS Glue to process very large tables that were sometimes too large to process using our standard AWS Lambda loader ingest methodology into Redshift. This improves the reliability of ETL data pipelines for customers using that feature.
Updates / Bug Fixes
- When a petition was marked as ended while also being unreviewed, we allowed admins to choose the "Approve the ending" option and click to Moderate without choosing an ongoing moderation status. This led to the petition being temporarily removed from the moderation queue but then returning. We've updated the code so that admins are unable to click the Moderate button without first choosing a moderation status.
- We've updated how petition images are shown in the moderation queue on mobile. Previously wider images would sometimes introduce a horizontal scroll on mobile, but this is now fixed.
- We're now using UTM parameters when a user clicks one of the petitions (or an effort) included in the featured campaigns section of the homepage. When clicked, we'll append
utm_medium=promotion&utm_source=homepageto the end of the URL. (We were already including
source=homepagefor these petitions.)
Updates / Bug Fixes
- We've updated how event images are shown in the moderation queue on mobile. Previously images would sometimes introduce a horizontal scroll on mobile, but this is now fixed.
- We've updated the way maps are displayed on mobile event pages. Previously the width of the map caused horizontal scroll on mobile, but this is now fixed.
Nothing new in groups or VisitThem.
† This feature required new text strings. If you're using the platform in a language other than English, you may need to provide updated translations.