We're excited to start working with you to expand your distributed organizing!
Before you start sending your supporters to your new ControlShift site, here are a few steps you may want to take. (Note that these are technical next steps – content that needs to be added or updated. For a big picture view of what's next, check out our Getting Started Guide.
- Admins: During the setup process we'll send admin account invitations to staff at your organization. Once these users have created full accounts, they'll be able to invite additional organization administrators by going to Settings > Teams. If you're not sure who has access, or need additional people to have admin access, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While you're setting up admin accounts, you may want to consider requiring two-factor authentication for admins. 2FA helps to keep member data safe and is strongly recommended.
- Notifications: Decide who should receive notifications about different events on the toolset (like petitions needing moderation or events being created). You can add as many notification emails as you'd like.
- Home Page: Now you'll need to start adding your organization's content. You should use the homepage to introduce your users to the site. What is this platform and why should they care?
This article explains how to update elements on the home page.
- Disclaimers: Your organization will also need to decide how people should be added to your mailing list. Should they be added automatically or do you want them to opt-in or opt-out?
This article explains your options for member data and disclaimers.
- Emails: We include default text for the emails sent to users as they interact with the site (including creating/signing petitions, hosting/RSVPing to events, etc.). You can keep the default text, but if you want to update it, you can do so.
- Translations: If your new instance will be offered in multiple languages, you'll need to provide translations for your organization's text. You can learn how to support additional languages.
- Training: Get your team together and join one of our regularly scheduled trainings. We'll be in touch to let you know when they're held. You can also follow our New CSL Admins tutorial.
- Connect: Connect with CSL organizers on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/controlshiftorganizers/) to share best practices and learn about new features. You can also follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/cslstatus). We also send emails with in-depth information about new features, case studies of current campaigns, and other updates. You can subscribe to the mailing list here: eepurl.com/63blD.
Remember, if you have any questions, please feel free to send us a support email (email@example.com). Thanks!